Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week # 3: Duck and Cover Follow Up

Just in case you want to practice your duck and cover skills, here is the link to Bert the Turtle: 
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1528313029232126903#

Also, Tom sent along a recent CNN.com commentary re: Duck and Cover that is really interesting to read:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/03/20/greene.radiation/index.html?hpt=C2
If you'd like to comment re: any of the above info, feel free to do so on this blog:)  Does anyone think we are being overexposed to radiation?  Is the US prepared for a potential nuclear "disaster"?  Where is Erie's nearest nuclear plant?  Other thoughts/comments?

3 comments:

  1. I believe the closest nuclear power plant is 35 miles away in Ohio. Somebody can fact check me on that. I read it in the Erie paper a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is strange...I posted a comment yesterday, and it's not here...
    I said that back in the sixties when I was in school, we had this exercise all the time. Later we had a "Civil Defense" course, which was mandatory for everybody.
    As for preparedness, it's more or less common sense, the worst part is contamination, so just clean well, and you'll be OK. Depends on the type of radiation, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your original post Alex...I too am confused as to where it went?? Hm. Nonetheless, thank you gentlemen for sharing on this extra blog:)

    ReplyDelete